I love Roasted Green Beans a lot because boiled or mushy green beans donâ€™t have great taste (in my opinion though). It adds more value and taste as a side to a dish like wrapped in bacon or Rosemary and Lemon Roasted Chicken. Well, parmesan roasted green beans come out tender, crisp and delicious and thatâ€™s what I like most in the roasted green beans.
Also, Asparagus could be an alternative choice if you donâ€™t prefer green beans in your dish.
However, parmesan roasted green beans are one of my favorites and an easy side dish. You can add a little bit crushed red pepper to add extra flavor to the dish while seasoning them in your own way. Also, you can keep the Parmesan dairy-free by leaving the Parmesan off as well.
And, I would suggest to use two baking sheets if you have any plan to make double the recipe. Make sure you serve them right after the oven to get the best taste of the recipe. And you can make this wonderful delicious recipe on the stovetop grill pan if you are not fortunate enough of having an oven.
How To Make Parmesan Roasted Green Beans? (Step-by-Step)
- Â¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 11/2 tbsp shredded Parmesan
- 12 ounces of dry, trimmed green beans.
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Kosher salt
- Other Extra Ingredients: (If you wish to add them in the recipe)
- Mince garlic
- Sliced almonds
- Dried herbs
- Fresh pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- Prepare your oven first and preheat it to 425Â°F. Also, using a baking sheet with aluminum can make the cleaning easier.
- On the baking sheet â€“ lay all of your green beans and drizzle oil on them. You can also season them with garlic powder, pepper and salt and toss to coat them evenly.
- Make sure you have used all the surface spaces of that sheet to spread them on it. It would help you to lay the green beans flat on the ovenâ€™s lower third section
- Now, this process should take up to 10 minutes, then make a shake to the pan to turn them. And again, bake for additional 5 minutes. Thatâ€™ it.
- And now, you are ready to remove it from the oven and you need to sprinkle them with grated cheese for sure.
Popular Frequently Asked Questions (FAQâ€™s)
Question: Can I cook them on the grill in a grill pan? Would like to serve with the bruschetta chicken recipe.
Answer: I donâ€™t see why not & bruschetta chicken is an ideal recipe along with this roasted green beans.
Question: Is it okay if I make mushroom alongside the green beans? Or, would they require a different temps/cook times?
Answer: I think if the mushrooms were whole then, there shouldnâ€™t have any problem (though Iâ€™m not 100% sure about it)
Question: Can I use frozen green beans for this?
Answer: Though it is quite exquisite, yes you can, as a matter of fact.
Question: Can we make it along with Asparagus?
Answer: Actually, this is how I make Asparagus, & to add a little kick, I like to use Cajun Seasoning. Though the Parm works well too.
I hope, you have now a good idea on roasting green beans, right? Make the recipe and enjoy with your family. This could be a great dish idea for friends sleep over (I personally love it). To make the roasted green beans extra delicious, try adding other-optional ingredient I have mentioned above. Best of luck with the very tasty, delicious, a great side dish idea- roasted green beans.