During the summer time I got to explore and play with some of my favorite foods! Aloe Vera vera happens to be one of them, not only because of its great digestive benefits, but also because since I was a kid this was my #1 natural remedy to treat sunburns, acne and dry skin.
Aloe vera may help decrease irritation in the stomach and intestines. The juice may also help people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other inflammatory disorders of the intestines.
Follow this simple and healthy recipe for making an easy green apple smoothie, with lots of spinach, healthy fats, fiber, refreshing green apple and of course aloe vera!
• Boosts immune function
• Powerful anti-inflammatory
• Great for skin health
• Accelerates recovery after exercise
• Potent antioxidant
• Reduces high blood pressure
• Alleviates joint and muscle pain
• Boosts physical endurance
• Stabilizes blood sugar in diabetics
• Helps lower high cholesterol
• Excellent for digestion, and been shown to alleviate and even cure acid reflux, ulcers, and eliminates constipation
Total Time: 5 minutes
• 1 Frozen banana
• 1/2 Lime
• 1 cup Spinach
• 1 medium aloe vera leaf, filleted (approximately 1/2 cup)
• 1 scoop of collagen peptides (I like to add these to my smoothies for an extra collagen recharge!)
• 1/2 Green apple
• 1/2 Cucumber
• Chia Seeds (to taste)
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! and remember – this is not about what works well for others, its about what works well for YOU. Be sure to keep bio-individuality in mind and have fun experimenting.