So! So! So! Yummyy!!
One thing about me is that Iâ€™m all about MAXIMIZING time. Iâ€™m not much of a recipe creator. I Personally feel best just eating simple meals, but I know not everyone is the same so it always goes back to playing and exploring to find what works best for you. The biggest purpose of my content is to inspire you and encourage you to try new things!
These delicous and easy soft cookies are the perfect move for a quick breakfast or pre/post workout snack!
I LOVE oats, not only do they lower your cholesterol levels which in turn helps you prevent developing heart disease or diabetes, but they also energize you with good carbs and nutrients to keep you going for longer during the day.
Those nutrients include manganese, good for bone production and skin integrity as well as magnesium â€“ important for energy production to make you feel more awake.
Same with bananas â€œthe favourite fruit among athletesâ€not only because they contain a decent amount of good carbs but for being the big players in the potassium game.
Potassium is a very important nutrient for avoiding fatigue and muscle cramps. Pretty good if youâ€™ve got a hard day ahead of you.
Total Time: 30 min.
â€¢ 3 mashed bananas
â€¢ 135g Oats
â€¢ 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
â€¢ 20g Grated coconut
â€¢ Tbsp of chia seeds
â€¢ Tbsp of organic cacao powder
â€¢ Cacao nibs to taste
â€¢ Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix mashes bananas and the rest of ingredients until evenly distributed.
3. Roll 2-3 TBS (depending on how large you like your cookies) of mix at a time into balls and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets. (alternately, use a small cookie scoop to make your cookies)!
4. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 18-20 minutes. Take them out when they are just BARELY starting to turn brown.
5. Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
I hope you enjoy this fun and easy recipe!! Iâ€™d love to know whatâ€™s your favorite quick breakfast meal. Share with me on the comments belowâ‡£