Pancakes have to be one of the best things to ever come out of a kitchen and grace a plate. There is nothing like waking up on a Saturday morning and indulging in such a tasty and satisfying meal. Mmmm-mmm!
As a child I can remember looking forward to the weekends because I knew I would wake up to the sweet smell of these delectable delights that seemed like they would almost just melt in your mouth when made with just the right touch of love and affection. My dad was, hands down, the best when it came to making pancakes. Much better than any pancake house you would stop by on a road trip. He always got them to be perfect circles, at just the right size, the right portion, and included just the right amount of butter and syrup that would make any kid, particularly me, happy! As I grew older, he started inviting me into the kitchen so that I could learn how to craft the perfect pancakes myself.
However, coming into adulthood and choosing to live a healthy lifestyle, I find there is little to no room for pancakes on my menu as there had once been. Sure, theyâ€™re light and fluffy on your plate, but traditionally, pancakes can be a very heavy on your stomach, and are loaded with tons of calories high in fat and carbohydrates. So, for those seeking a well-balanced diet, it would seem pancakes donâ€™t quite fit the billâ€¦
Lucky for you, I have created a pancake recipe myself! This recipe is inspired by my dadâ€™s amazing technique that he once shared with me, with the same great taste, but much less calories, and you can easily make it in just 15 minutes or less. You will fully be able to enjoy these pancakes infused with banana and topped with luscious blueberries. Theyâ€™re truly light and fluffy on both the plate and in your belly. Not to mention, a single serving gives you a stack of 5-7 pancakes that you can happily eat guilt-free!
Here is your recipe for Guilt-Free Banana Blueberry Pancakes! Try it out and leave a comment to let us know what you think.
GUILT-FREE BANANA BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 5-7 pancakes
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop of protein powder of choice (vanilla flavored)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia leaf sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place blueberries into a small bowl and set aside
- Peel the banana, place into a mixing bowl and mash it up until it is no longer solid
- Once the banana is mashed, mix in the eggs, egg whites, and vanilla extract
- Sift in the protein powder, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix everything together until you have a relatively smooth batter
- Spray your skillet with olive or coconut oil and heat to a medium temperature
- Pour the batter onto the pan once it’s warm, making 6-8-inch pancakes. Allow the pancakes to cook until the edges start to solidify, and air bubbles begin to form
- Flip the pancakes and allow the opposite side to crisp so that the batter is no longer runny
- Place the pancakes onto a warm plate once fully cooked
- Take your blueberries and microwave them between 30-60 seconds. Once they are completely warm, mix in your stevia sweetener
- Carefully top your pancakes with your blueberry mix and enjoy!