Starting the day with a nutritious meal is essential for our health and weight management, but not having it at all might not be the best option.
Having breakfast in the morning comes with amazing health benefits. That includes promoting psychological health, energizing the body, supporting cardiovascular health, promoting weight loss, support a healthy eyesight, controlling appetite, boosting immune system, maintaining cholesterol levels, and strengthening the bones.
Creating the habit of taking at least 10 minutes to make and eat some nutritious food in the morning before starting your day can be simple. Fresh fruits, oatmeal, low-fat greek yogurt, whole grain breads with low-fat cheese, or hard-boiled eggs are just some of the quick and nutritious breakfast options, which will not take much of your time, however it can make a great difference in your health, mood, and looks.
Choosing nutritious options for breakfast is vital for achieving optimal health. Protein, Fiber and Whole Grains make for a breakfast that will keep you energized and sharp throughout the day.
Protein in the morning will jump-start your metabolism and make you feel fuller longer helping to avoid those mid morning temptations and cravings.
Fiber from fruits, vegetables and whole grains are essential for digestion. It’s recommended that men should consume 38 grams per day, and women should get 25 grams, including soluble and insoluble fiber. Three grams of soluble fiber in the diet can have cholesterol-lowering effects.
Many breakfasts are full of carbohydrates, so this is the perfect opportunity to make those whole-grain choices. Whole grains are rich in the B vitamins thiamine, riboflavin and niacin, which provide energy. To keep you marching through your day.
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT BREAKFAST
1. Starting your morning with breakfast will boost your metabolism and keep your blood sugar levels stable during the day.
2. A morning meal helps energize your body, keeping you active and productive until lunch.
3. A nutritious breakfast reduces risk for overeating and cravings later in the day.
4. Eating breakfast has been associated with a lower incidence of heart disease.
5. A morning meal is necessary not only for your body but for the brain as well. Eating a nutritiousbreakfast helps improve your concentration and productivity.
BREAKFAST AÇAI BOWL RECIPE
Total Time: 15 minutes
• Açai Purée
• Chopped Red Apple
• Chopped Banana
• Pistachio Butter
• Almond Butter
• Honey (optional)
• Granola (optional)
1. Prepare acai purée: In a blender, add banana, acai pulp, strawberries, blueberries and a splash of milk of your preference. For this recipe, I used almond Milk.
(TIP: Add to blender in that order as adding softer ingredients first makes it easier on your blender blades.) Blend on low until larger chunks are broken down, then gradually increase speed, adding a splash of milk at a time, and stopping to scrape down sides of blender if needed. When ingredients have mostly come together and all of milk has been added, blend on high for 15 to 20 seconds more.
2. Add toppings: Pour acai purée into a bowl and arrange toppings- banana, red apples, almond butter, pistachio butter Sprinkle with granola and drizzle with honey (if using).
I hope this simple and super delcious recipe inspires you start the day with a mindful approach to make better decisions! and remember- health is a journey, not a destination. By taking small steps that feel easy, you’ll be more successful over time. Trust your instincts and know that each change you make has a tremendous impact on your present and your future.