Cravings are normal. Just because you get hungry throughout the day doesnâ€™t mean that you are unhealthy. In fact, eating small snacks in between meals has been known to improve overall health, boost mental focus, and give you the energy you need to keep going. The trick is to choose healthy snack options that are chock-full of nutrients. This avocado smoothie is a great example of a quick, hearty snack that will keep you full and even limit your urge for junky types of foods.
Ready in 10 minutes
Serves 2 people
- 4 avocados
- 12 medium-sized dates (pitted)
- Â½ cup of coconut water
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 2 scoops of collagen powder
- Cut both avocados in half, removing the pits. Scoop avocado out of the skins and put into a medium-sized blender
- If needed, remove pits from the dates and place dates into blender
- Put coconut water, almond milk, and collagen powder into blender
- Blend ingredients until consistency is smooth
- Pour mixture into two glasses and sprinkle chia seeds over the top of each
This smoothie is creamy in texture and light on the palate. A perfect early morning or mid-afternoon snack. The three main ingredients are guaranteed to aid in your overall health and daily intake of fiber.
Benefits of avocado: They are cholesterol-free and contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, including potassium and C vitamins. Just one avocado provides eight percent of the suggested intake for fiber and is full of the heart-healthy kind of fats. Ideal for reducing cholesterol, blood pressure, and inflammation.
Benefits of dates: Dates are known for their high fiber content and aid with regulating the digestive system. They also contain many antioxidants which are great for the heart. If you need to strengthen your bones or improve blood sugar, add extra dates to this smoothie recipe!Benefits of collagen: Consuming collagen has become popular over recent years due to its improvement of skin and bone health. It is a protein that our body produces naturally but over time, this slows down. Including collagen supplements in food or drink recipes can enhance skin health such as elasticity, moisture, and texture.